12-Week Inquiry Group:
PREVENTATIVE PSYCHOLOGICAL HEALTH FOR SPIRITUAL LEADERS:
Creating and Sustaining Psycho-Spiritual Health in Spiritual Communities
12 Thursdays from 1:00 – 3:00 PST, beginning January 10
(or when a minimum of 6 participants are enrolled). Tuition: $600
Sessions will take place on Zoom and will be recorded and available to all group members if you need to miss any sessions.
This group is open to anyone in a position of spiritual leadership who wants to learn to bring psychological health to themselves and their communities; proactively prevent the many common challenge that communities face when spiritual offerings are not met with psychological integration; and explore many of the common, gritty, and challenging topics that leaders across traditions face in a safe and confidential setting with a group of spiritually and religiously diverse leaders. Leadership in this group can include but is not limited to: spiritual teachers, mentors, yoga teachers, spiritual counselors and guides, clergy, meditation/mindfulness teachers, and leaders from any religious tradition.
Registration requirements: If you are interested in joining this group, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a 15 minute interview will be arranged before signing up.
- Why Psychological Inquiry and Support is Necessary for Spiritual Leaders and Their Communities
- Projections, Transference, and Countertransference in the Student-Teacher relationship
- The Necessity of Peer Support for Spiritual Leaders
- Trauma and the Body in Spiritual Life
- Boundaries and Confidentiality
- Creating Health Systems of Feedback Within Communities
- Cultic Dynamics and Group Mind/Group Think
- Healthy Individuation Among Spiritual Teachers and Students
- Spiritual Bypassing in Teachers and Students
Mariana Caplan, PhD, MFT, E-RYT 500, is a psychotherapist, yoga teacher, and the author of eight books in the fields of psychology and spirituality that have been translated in more than a dozen languages including Yoga & Psyche, Eyes Wide Open, and The Guru Question. She consults, mediates, and provide psychological services for spiritual teachers, spiritual emergences and emergencies, and individuals and spiritual communities both in crises, as well as those in spiritual leadership positions seeking preventative psychological support for their communities.
Learn more: RealSpirituality.com and YogaandPsyche.com